Monday, December 21, 2009

True Life: Im a mascara addict



Dior Show, Buxom lash, Benefit BadGAL lash, Dior Show Ionic, Dior Show Blackout, Bare Essentials Big Tease, Urban Decay BIG Fatty, YSL Everlong, Two Face lash injection, Tarte Lights......you could say I've been around the block a few times or even take it a step further and call me the town bicycle (in reference to mascara that is). Yes I've tried them all. Some girls love lipstick, some swear by their perfume or even their bronzer, but my drug of choice is purely mascara. I go light on all make up, hardly ever wearing eye shadow and you won't catch me dead in eye liner, but for me mascara and conservative will never be found in the same dictionary- the more the better (if you're using the right kind that is).  Ever heard of the saying, "You never know what you have until its gone." Im sure you have crossed paths with it, for example when your BFF was dumped by her future hubby. Through all her tears you console her, bringing up the fact it was only after their second date that he broke her heart and cut off all contact. I mean she saw the white picket fence and didn't realize what she had until he realized she was crazy face and headed for the hills. Well I've also felt this heartache lately. My one all and be all (mascara that is) thats been through it all with me, thick and thin will eventually be discontinued. Though I would always buy Prescriptives Lash Envy, I admit I still dipped and dabbled in other mascaras. I felt bad from time to time but would NEVER classify it as cheating, more like having an open relationship. I mean I would always come back to my Lash Envy, I guess subconsciously I knew it would always be around.  These new mascaras like dior show blackout and Big Tease gave me a new fling type adrenaline rush, but could never take the place of my Lash Envy. This relationship seemed to be working out, I had the best of both worlds. Kind of like that guy at work..... theres rumors of an engagement though you didn't even know he had a girlfriend because, well he acts so damn single. Like all good things....they must come to an end. I am commonly approached by women with the same questions: Do you have fake eye lashes and what mascara do you use? I don't take credit but rather take a moment each time to rant and rave about Lash Envy, never mentioning the other flings. But after one women approached me recently- she nonchalantly added in at the end of the convo, "Oh prescriptives (owned by Estee Lauder) did you hear they are going under January 1st?" I turned completely white and felt my stomach drop, almost as if I found out my husband is a baby's daddy and I've never been pregnant. I had to know the truth and called up Prescriptives immediately....and Yes the blood work was positive my husband is the baby's daddy. WHAT NOW....I always thought my Lash Envy was going to be there, at least for my milestones, I haven't even celebrated my first born child, big promotion or wedding day (hopefully they will not be occurring in that exact order)...Now all that was going to happen with some fling! Sooo I did what I do best and started investigating (kim Kardashian style)...Perscriptives Lash Envy will be available in stores such as Macy's ect..until January 1st. The mascara unopened lasts three years. A normal person goes through a tube every 3 months for me 1 a month, but I could learn to stick to four coats a day or at least try my best. So all I could do was order a tube for every 3 months for the next 3 years. As upset as I am I guess I won't feel the real repercussions for a while. But that quote completely hit home, "You never know what you have until its gone." Next time my BFF asks me to come over to cry on my shoulder, I'll be sure to pick up some red velvet cake from Sugar Cafe and cry along with her.... because I truly know the pain she is feeling (even though they only had been on 2 dates:) )

No comments:

Post a Comment